In the last week of this mega marathon, I am finally getting creative because I have exhausted my research skills and now have to rely on imagination. I was planning on either Vellam Dosai (Jaggery Dosa) or Vendhaya Keera Dosai (Fenugreek leaves dosa) but today was one of those lazy days when I wanted a quick dosa and not something that takes too long. So I put those creative brain cells to use and came up with this easy and quick dosa. All you need to do is powder the peanuts and mix it with some wheat and rice flour. Voila!
Peanuts are one of the daughter’s favorite foods and so she lapped up this dosa with great relish. What more to ask for?!
For more quick dosas check out the Raagi Dosa, another version of Raagi Dosa and Buckwheat pancakes
Makes 8 dosais
WHAT WE NEED
1/4 cup Whole wheat flour
3 tbsp Rice flour
2 tbsp Ground peanuts
1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
1/4 tsp Freshly ground pepper
WHAT TO DO
- Take the whole wheat flour, rice flour, ground peanuts, cumin seeds, ground pepper and salt in a bowl and mix well
- Add sufficient water to make a runny batter
- Heat a tava on high flame and drizzle few drops of oil on it
- Pour a ladle full of batter from the outside in and fill any large gaps on the tava
- Drizzle some oil around the edges of the dosa
- The dosa on the tava will be full of small holes and have a lacey pattern. If it is too dense then you need to add little more water
- Let it cook on medium high flame
- Once the edges are brown use a steel spatula to disengage the dosai from the tava and turn it over
- Let it cook for a minute on simmer
- Take it off the heat and repeat the procedure for the remaining batter
- Serve warm with chutney or sambhar or both
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 92
Wow, how lacey those dosas looks, seriously i dont mind inviting myself to your place to have this crispy lacey dosas. Adding peanuts sounds fabulous and quite interesting.
I am sure by now you would have become dosa queen. Love this version of dosa with peanut.
Wow! such lacey dosas and that too with our fav peanuts. Fabulous! Btw, did you change the layout of the blog?
Yes Harini, I did change the layout. Let me know if you like it. And thanks for such wonderful comments 🙂
The Lacey crispy dosas with peanut flavour looks absolutely yum. Great idea for instant dosas.
Great pick with V and unique dosa recipe for me.. Love the addition of peanuts, gives nutty flavor for sure.
Pretty ! Very pretty !
Loved this pretty lacy Dosa , it not only looks good but sounds delicious . With peanuts ! Wow very unique !
Are you serious?..gosh wonder why I never got this idea, sounds fantastic yaar..this is surely to be made very soon! love how lacy the dosa looks!
Wow Sowmya, another wonderful dosa recipe and they are so lacy and super tempting. Awesome idea.
Wow never heard of this type of dosa. I mean peanut in a dosa. Simply yum.
Same pinch once again. Itoo dint know what to do for V and used verkadalai! The dosas looks so lacey and good and we make godhumai dosai often.Will now make this version.
I love the flavor of peanuts as well and will not mind it for any meal. This is a lovely recipe with the peanut flavor all along. Love this recipe.
Thank you 😊