There are times when I get very hung up on certain dishes and ingredients and keep repeating them so often that the husband and daughter finally do an intervention only for me to get obsessed over the next dish. Now it is the hung cure time. I keep straining the curd in the cheesecloth and then hunt around for a recipe to use it up.
And is it not the perfect time to be hung up on hung curd when I have a ‘Condiments’ theme for the Blogging Marathon this week. This is a quick dip that only needs few basic ingredients always available at home and a blender. This dip works with chips as well as vegetables and is a nice one to have handy for guests.
Recipe adapted from here
WHAT WE NEED
1/4 cup Hung curds
2 Tomatoes, medium
1/2 tsp Curry powder
Pinch of Red chilly powder
WHAT TO DO
- Chop the tomatoes roughly
- Add it along with all the ingredients to a blender jar
- Blend it to a smooth consistency
- Enjoy with carrots or chips!
- To make hung curd, add some regular homemade or store bought curds to a cheesecloth or kitchen towel. Tie the cloth and hang it over a vessel. The end of the cloth should not touch the bottom of the vessel to ensure the whey doesn’t go back into the curds. Keep it in the fridge for 24 hours and hung curd is ready for use
This is my post for the Blogging Marathon for the theme, ‘Condiments’.