Today is the first day of a three day weekend. The daughter and I have an agreement that she eats whatever I make during school days and I make whatever she asks for during holidays. Most of the time it makes mt life easier though I understand I have to renegotiate this just before vacations. So today she asked for donuts and I had to bake something for this week’s theme of Baked Treats. Thankfully this worked dor both of us and we had some delicious baked donuts.
I picked the recipe from King Arthur Flour whose recipes work for me. This is a recipe with eggs though I will try and post about the eggless version soon.
Makes 12-14 mini donuts
WHAT WE NEED
185 gms All purpose flour
75 gms Sugar
35 gms Brown Sugar
30 gms Unsalted butter
30 gms Oil
3/4 tsp Baking powder
Pinch of Baking soda
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup / 100 ml Milk
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat the oven to 230C
- Whisk the butter, oil, sugar and brown sugar till it is a smooth mixture
- Add the egg and whisk again till it is fully blended in
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt and ground nutmeg and mix well
- Add the flour and milk alternating between the two starting and ending with flour. It will be a thick batter
- Grease the donut pan and pour the batter upto half of the cavity
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Take out the pan and let them rest for 7-8 minutes
- Demould the donuts and cool on the wire rack
- Add your favourite toppings
- A simple topping can be icing sugar sprinkled on top of the donuts while it is warm
- Chocolate and nuts also are a good topping option.
PIN IT FOR LATER
This is my post for the Kid’s Delight event started by Valli of Spice your Life and hosted by me this month for the theme, ‘Baked Treats‘.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM
Baked to perfection. Baked donuts are always better than fried. Would love to dig in this.
The baked version of donuts look so great Sowmya. They have risen so well and love the different toppings you have done for your daughter. I am sure she loved these..
oh wow – these look so amazing and with the flavor of nutmeg these must taste awesome!
This is such a fun blog post! Thank you so much for the ingredients, will definitely try to make these guys, we are a big fan of baked donuts 😀