Ever since I made this Xacuti Bread for last year’s mega BM, I was sure that every A-Z marathon would have a Xacuti dish for X. It is a flavorful spice and goes with quite a few dishes and blends in well. My first instinct was to mix a little of the spice in the dosa batter itself but then I figured that it was too simple a dish and does not befit a mega marathon. Then I remembered I wanted to have a paneer dosa for this marathon but I couldn’t find the right slot for it. So I merged the two ideas and came up with a lovely paneer and Xacuti dish.
I marinated the paneer in xacuti flavored curds and then served it with some dosa and chutney. I know I shouldn’t say it myself but it was totally delicious and though I planned to eat only one, I ended up eating two dosas just for the filling.
Makes 4 dosas
WHAT WE NEED
1 1/2 cups Dosa Batter
1/2 cup Paneer, chopped
3 tbsp Thick curds
1/2 tsp Red chilly powder
1/2 tsp Xacuti spice powder
1 Onion, small
1 Tomato, small
WHAT TO DO
For the Xacuti Paneer
- Beat the curd to a smooth consistency
- Mix the xacuti spice powder, red chilly powder and salt to the curd and mix well
- Add the paneer and coat it nicely with the curd mix
- Marinate the paneer in the curd mix for 2 hours in the refrigerator
- Chop the onion finely
- Deseed the tomato and chop it finely
- Heat a pan and add 2 tsp of oil to it
- Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes
- Once it is translucent, add the tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Simmer the gas and add the paneer mixture to the pan and mix well
- Let it cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame
- Take it off the heat and set aside
For the Dosa
- Heat the tava and drizzle some oil on it
- Pour a ladle full of dosa batter and spread it in a circular shape with little thickness
- Drizzle some oil around the edges of the dosa
- Once the ends start browning, use a steel spatula to disengage the dosa from the tava and turn it over
- Let it cook on simmer for 30 seconds
- Take it off the heat and repeat the procedure with the remaining batter
- Serve the dosa and xacuti paneer with sambhar or chutney of your choice
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 92
Ah the Mega BM surely gets the best out of us Sowmya. I was waiting to see who else will make something with Xacuti..:)..this one with paneer sounds too good!
Seriously i was very eager to know about your dish with X and i was awaiting for it. Xacuti paneer dosa is truly very interesting and brilliant pick for X as well. Dosa makes me hungry yaar. Totally inviting.
Xacuti paneer dosa surely looking inviting. I did not know about this xacuti masala. surely gonna check in my next goa visit.
That is a superb adaptation of xacuti masala. My new neighbor is a Goan and she would love this for sure just as we do.Wonderful pick.
Xacuti is perfect option for X… Love this spice from goa cuisine…
I have yet to try this famous spice , but for sure the stuffing looks awesome and definitely the Xacuti is a perfect fit for the alphabet .
BM surely makes us creative. Love the xacuti spiced paneer dosa. That is a wonderful idea for sure.
I never knew about such masala. The dosa would have been so flavourful. Yum.
WE cannever settle for a simple recipe in the Mega BM right! The paneer filling is definitely yum Sowmya! I would have gobbled up more than 2 for sure.
I am drooling over this yummy xacuti spiced paneer dosa. So unique and I am sure this will be so loved by everyone.