This mug treat is getting quite addictive. I have to admit I never used the microwave oven much except the occasional reheating of leftovers. But ever since I picked this mug treat theme for the Blogging Marathon, I have been having fun with my microwave. Not to mention that the daughter loves it.
So here is my second installment in Mug Treats –
Serves 2 (and an excited toddler)
WHAT WE NEED
￼￼1 large egg
3 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp red food coloring
3 tbsp buttermilk
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp granulated sugar
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tbsp all purpose flour
1/3 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
WHAT TO DO
- Whisk together the egg and oil.
- Stir in the food coloring, buttermilk, vanilla, and sugar.
- Add the cocoa, flour, salt, and vinegar.
- Beat the batter until smooth. Divide the batter between two 8 oz mugs.
- Microwave separately for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes each until risen and firm.
This is my post for the Blogging Marathon hosted by Srivalli.