I am sure overripe bananas are an issue of national concern. I mean, if I was still in India I would have blamed Modi for it and returned the picture book I received in kindergarten for best handwriting.
But thankfully the situation is not as bad. There are mug cakes to the rescue. If I can use up the bananas in a minute, why should I spend all the time in creaming the butter and sugar for my banana bread?
I found this simple and easy recipe and thanked the Oven Gods!
So here goes –
WHAT WE NEED
2 overripe bananas
4 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp granulated sugar
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Add-ins of your choice, including chocolate chips butterscotch chips, nuts, or dried fruit
WHAT TO DO
- Mash the banana in a bowl.
- Add the peanut butter and egg and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the sugar and cocoa and beat until smooth.
- Fold in the add-ins.
- Divide the batter between two 8 oz mugs.
- Microwave separately for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes each until risen and firm.