My two and half year old daughter has been pretty involved in bake-a-thon with me. Her eyes sparkle when I switch on the oven to preheat it and she runs around screaming -‘Amma, cake, bread’ irrespective of what is being baked.
The best part was the husband asking her – ‘what is Amma doing?’ She replies ‘cooking’.
The husband exclaims – ‘That’s nice. I am hungry and I want to eat.’ That’s when the daughter calmly explains to her father – ‘No Appa. Amma cooking, take photo and eating is only after photo. Please wait.’ The husband’s expression was priceless.
This easy version of baked potato is a must try. It’s a lot crisper than hassle back potatoes and less effort than au gratin and hash browns.
I happened to comes across this recipe just as I was wondering what to come up with for today’s post.
So here goes –
Makes 9 stacks
WHAT WE NEED
Potatoes, medium size 3
Olive oil 1 1/2 tbsp
Parmesan, grated 2-3 tbsp
Thyme, dried 2 tsp
Salt & pepper
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat the oven to 190C
- Grease a muffin tray
- Slice the potatoes into thin roundels.
- In a bowl, take olive oil, 2 tbsp of Parmesan and 1 1/2 tsp thyme
- Add the potatoes and mix well to coat all the slices
- Add salt and pepper and mix
- Arrange in stacks in a muffin tray
- Bake for 35-40 mins till the edges and top are golden brown.
- Take it out from the oven and garnish with the remaining Parmesan and thyme.
- You can stack the potatoes as high as possible in the muffin tray. The potato slices will shrink on baking and the stacks will appear smaller than when you put them in the oven.
- Preferably put the larger slices in the bottom so that they hold the stack well.
- Grease the muffin tray liberally else the potatoes will stick.
This is part of the
I can have this baked potatoes just like that, too delicious.
Potatoes look delicious, as you already said it’s a must try
Your daughter’s talks are very cute. I guessing is the age! Love this version of baked potatoes. Must try it sometime.
it’s great that she is so patient to wait until after you take photos and potatoes are so versatile arent they – must have tasted awesome
Kids are so cute, your daughter is just adorable 🙂
Your version of baked potatoes looks amazing.
Oh that’s a neat idea..very nicely done…