One of my recent endeavours is to try and eat more salads. As a rule, I hate salads and I am always trying to avoid them. But as a food blogger, if I can’t make tasty salads then what is the point? So I wanted one salad recipe from Greece. As always, I was looking for something easy and that can be made with ingredients easily available at home. I came across this easy and gorgeous beetroot salad and I am sure this is going to be a regular feature at home now on.
Recipe adapted from here
WHAT WE NEED
Beetroot, medium 3
Greek yogurt 300 gms
Garlic cloves 3
Olive oil 2 tbsp
Vinegar 1 tsp
Salt & pepper
WHAT TO DO
- Boil the betteroots for 30-40 minutes till they are cooked
- Peel the beetroots and cut them into small pieces and set aside
- In a blender / mixer take the garlic cloves, walnuts, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper
- Add the yoghurt to the mixture and stir well to combine
- Pour the dressing over the beetroot and mix well
- Chill the salad in the refrigerator for a couple of hours
- Ensure that you use only Greek yogurt else the salad will turn watery.
This is my post for the Blogging Marathon under the theme, Greek dishes.