Honestly, I cannot believe that I completed the Mega Marathon in time. It was a challenging month with the moving in to the new house and settling down and blogging daily. Of course, in my mother’s words -“You could simply have done it next month.” But it is hard to explain as to why doing my first mega marathon is important. It is Very Important and I did it!!!
I have two thank yous to give out – one to my blender which worked tirelessly the whole month blending my soups and secondly to my new maid who just could not understand why the blender needed to be used everyday. In her (translated) words – “Didi, you are just three of you in the house. How do you come up with so many vessels and why is the blender used daily?” After I explained food blogging to her, her daily comment was “Aaj phir se photo? (Clicking food pics again?)” Well well.
I had so many recipes bookmarked for the soup edition. I wanted to do at least one pasta soup, one in a bread bowl and one chocolate too. But I couldn’t manage them. Hopefully I will get to these soon. All in all, I had a fabulous time making and savoring these soups and clicking and blogging about them with some truly amazing people around the world. So here is my final soup of this Mega Marathon –
Recipe adapted from here.
WHAT WE NEED
Olive oil 1 tbsp
Onion, medium 1
Garlic cloves 3
Potatoes, medium 3
Corn, shelled 1 cup
Vegetable stock 3 cups
Salt & Pepper
WHAT TO DO
- Heat the oil. Chop and add the onion and garlic cloves
- Peel and cut the potatoes into cubes.
- Add the potatoes once the onion is translucent and saute for 2-3 minutes
- Add the corn, salt, pepper and vegetable stock and cook till the potatoes are fully cooked
- Let the mixture cool and then blend it to a smooth puree
- Transfer it back to the pan and bring to a boil
- Serve hot
- Enjoy with some bread or crackers!