Ever since the first time I tried this Ragi Semiya, I have become a huge fan. It’s so easy and tasty that words can’t describe the pleasure of this dish. It’s as easy to make as any other upma but it’s so yummy and it’s ragi which is healthy. What more to ask for!
WHAT WE NEED
Ragi Semiya 1 packet
Oil 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
Garlic 2 cloves
Ginger, grated 1 tsp
Green chilly 1-2
Curry leaves 1 sprig
Onion, medium 1
Mixed vegetables 1 1/4 cup
Coriander leaves To garnish
WHAT TO DO
- Cook the Ragi Semiya according to packet instructions
- In a pan, heat the oil and add the mustard seeds
- Once the mustard seeds have spluttered add the green chillies, ginger, garlic and curry leaves
- After a minute, add the onion and cook till translucent
- Add the mixed vegetables and cook for4-5 minutes on medium to high flame till they are cooked but retain a crunch
- Add the cooked Ragi Semiya and mix well
- Add salt and mix well
- I used Anil Ragi Semiya which is 180 gms per packet
- Mixed vegetables I used included mushroom, capsicum, carrot, spinach and sweet corn.
- Part of them were leftovers from lunch which worked well with the semiya.
This is my entry for the Blogging Marathon under Quick Dishes.