I have been forever trying to find a bread recipe that can be done with a single rise and yet have the lightness and taste of the yeasted loaf. Finally I am so glad I found this recipe. It works like a charm. I made a few modifications to it but it worked nevertheless. So this is my new favorite bread recipe to be made when the time is less but I salivate for some fresh bread.
The daughter loved it as also did my 13 year old niece and so that is a double win. The original recipe has used all purpose flour entirely but I replaced some of it with whole wheat primarily because I ran out of all purpose flour and needed to finish this bread asap.
Recipe adapted from here
Makes one 7″ loaf
WHAT WE NEED
310 gms All purpose flour
80 gms Whole wheat flour
10 gms Instant yeast
15 gms Sugar
35 gms Unsalted butter
1/3 cup Milk
3/4 cup Water
1 tsp Lemon juice
1 tsp Salt
WHAT TO DO
- Grease a 7″ or 8″ loaf pan and set aside
- Take the butter, milk and water in a bowl
- Heat it in a microwave or stovetop till the temperature touches 45-50C
- The butter may not melt fully which is fine
- In a large bowl, take the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, yeast, sugar and salt
- Mix the dry ingredients
- Add the butter milk mixture and lemon juice to the bowl
- Mix well to form a dough
- Knead for 10-12 minutes or till the dough is elastic and does not stick to the bowl
- Make a roll and transfer it to the loaf tin
- Cover and set aside for 20-25 minutes till the dough doubles in volume
- Preheat the oven to 190C
- Bake for 20-25 minutes till the top is a light golden brown and the bottom of the loaf tin is hollow when tapped
- Transfer it to a cooling rack and let it cool completely
- Store in an airtight container
Sending this to Srivalli’s Kid’s Delight event, guest hosted by me themed on Savory Bakes
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM
The bread seems to have nice crumb and is great if it needs only one rise.
Perfectly baked bread with a beautiful texture.. Liked that is does not need 2nd proofing.. great share.
Awesome texture and a lovely no hassle bread loaf..super Sowmya .
Love the texture of the bread. It has turned out perfect Sowmya. Definitely a keeper recipe.
Bread has a nice crumb and is perfectly baked. It is always a pleasure when people like what we cook/bake at home.
Love the texture of the bread. perfectly baked and ideal for any sandwiches