Bread is my one major weaknesses. I could probably sustain on fresh bread and cheese for the rest of my life. Like that is a surprise! So these amazing quick dinner rolls are a blessing for those times when I have a real craving for some bread.
I make these often with great success except for the shape. Since the dough is a very wet one and the proofing time is not much, shaping the dough well is a near impossibility. I am sure it will happen some day. Till then I have to make do with sad photos of a great bread. The amoebic shape doesn’t have too much impact on the taste but I do wish I get the perfect shape for these quick dinner rolls to make a good blog photo. Fingers crossed for next time.
Key pointers for a delicious quick dinner roll
- I would recommend not to try this recipe with whole wheat flour because it hardly has any proofing time and the rise may not be good with whole wheat
- Use warm water which aids in quickening the yeast action. Warm means warm to touch but not hot.
- It will be very tempting to add more flour to this dough and make it manageable. I urge you not to do that. It will adversely impact the softness of these quick dinner rolls
Some other easy bread recipes you can check out – Spicy Buns, Sunflower Shaped Bread and Pita Toasts
Quick Dinner Rolls
- OTG or MIcrowave Oven to bake
- 200 gms All purpose flour
- 30 gms Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 40 gms Olive oil
- 1½ tsp Instant yeast
- 80-90 gms Water warm
- Grease a baking tray and line it with parchment
- In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, salt, olive oil and yeast. Add water and mix well
- Knead the dough for 3-4 minutes
- Divide the dough into 6 parts and keep them on the baking tray. Cover and set aside
- Preheat the oven to 220C
- Bake the rolls for 15-18 minutes till the top of the rolls turn a nice brown
- Take it out of the oven and brush some butter on the rolls.
- Cool the rolls for 10 minutes and serve with some soup or pasta
I am sending this to Bakeathon by Srivalli
Fantastic and super spongy dinner rolls, prefect to have with a bowl of soup.
Quick to make dinner rolls. Looks so soft and they are perfect with that bowl of soup.
So soft and crusty rolls.
love the crust you got on them – must be great
Like Mir said , the crust looks golden and delicious. Perfectly baked.
I am not a big fan of breads but have enjoyed few breads that I have baked at home. This bread is indeed quick. I love breads that do not require too much proofing time. These rolls have turned out good though you are not very happy with the shape.
Must say dinner rolls are my weakness too.your quick rolls look super soft!
Sowmya, I think looking at these again still makes me want to grab. Forget about the shape, I am sure the taste makes it more than that..:)
These are super quick rolls! I don’t have to wait for the proving! This is an amazing recipe!
I love such quick fix recipes that get ready in no time… They look soft considering that they haven’t been proofed…