Bread is my one major weaknesses. I could probably sustain on fresh bread and cheese for the rest of my life. Like that is a surprise! So these amazing quick dinner rolls are a blessing for those times when I have a real craving for some bread.
I make these often with great success except for the shape. Since the dough is a very wet one and the proofing time is not much, shaping the dough well is a near impossibility. I am sure it will happen some day. Till then I have to make do with sad photos of a great bread. The amoebic shape doesn’t have too much impact on the taste but I do wish I get the perfect shape for these quick dinner rolls to make a good blog photo. Fingers crossed for next time.
Key pointers for a delicious quick dinner roll
- I would recommend not to try this recipe with whole wheat flour because it hardly has any proofing time and the rise may not be good with whole wheat
- Use warm water which aids in quickening the yeast action. Warm means warm to touch but not hot.
- It will be very tempting to add more flour to this dough and make it manageable. I urge you not to do that. It will adversely impact the softness of these quick dinner rolls
Quick Dinner Rolls
- OTG or MIcrowave Oven to bake
- 200 gms All purpose flour
- 30 gms Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 40 gms Olive oil
- 1½ tsp Instant yeast
- 80-90 gms Water warm
- Grease a baking tray and line it with parchment
- In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, salt, olive oil and yeast. Add water and mix well
- Knead the dough for 3-4 minutes
- Divide the dough into 6 parts and keep them on the baking tray. Cover and set aside
- Preheat the oven to 220C
- Bake the rolls for 15-18 minutes till the top of the rolls turn a nice brown
- Take it out of the oven and brush some butter on the rolls.
- Cool the rolls for 10 minutes and serve with some soup or pasta
I am sending this to Bakeathon by Srivalli