After the yummy paneer burger, I have a more classic version today which is a vegetarian’s go-to option – Potato Burger or as McD calls it here Aloo Tikki Burger. I have made the patty for this one countless times but never as a burger style. Usually we make it as aloo tikki and have it with chutney or ketchup as an evening snack. I figured I could put this into a bun and make it a delicious burger with some mayonnaise and cheese.
I am no fan of lettuce and I so I have avoided it in my recipes but you can add it if you like. I am probably one of the few people who likes to eat capsicum raw. So, for some green, I have included a slice of capsicum in this burger instead of an onion. If you leave it out, I will totally understand. This patty recipe is from my mom and a family favorite. So here goes –
Makes 2 burgers
Potatoes, large, boiled 2
Bread slices 2
Chilly powder 1/2 -1 tsp
Garam masala 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves, finely chopped 2-3 tsp
Oil for shallow frying
Mayonnaise 2 tbsp
Tomato slices 2-3
Capsicum slices 2
Cheese slices 2
WHAT TO DO
- Peel the potatoes and mash them to ensure no lumps are left
- Take some water in a plate and soak the bread slices in the water, one by one
- Squeeze out the water and add the bread slices to the mashed potatoes and mix well
- Add the chilly powder, coriander leaves, garam masala and salt and mix well to form a patty dough
- Divide the dough into two and shape each part into a patty the size of your palm
- Heat some oil in a pan
- Place the patties on the oil and fry them till both sides are golden brown
- Remove from the pan and set aside
- Cut the burger buns horizontally into two and toast them lightly, if you like
- Apply some mayonnaise on the lower half of the bun and place the patty over it
- Top the patty with tomato and capsicum slices and place a cheese slice on top
- Cover the cheese slice with the top half of the bun
- Serve with ketchup
This is my post for the Blogging Marathon under the theme – Burgers.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for other marathoners doing this BM.
That is one great fusion burger.
A aloo tikki burger sells the most and never fails..good one.
That’s one mouthwatering burger. Yumm..
Most favorite burger of all. Look so yummy.
That is an awesome looking burger. Looks so yum..
You are torturing me again, potato burger looks absolutely fantastic.
Awesome looking burger! Very filling!