For the second day of the ‘1 ingredient 3 dishes’ theme, I made some quick and easy Pizza Rolls. Though I have made quite a few pizzas and posted different recipes on this blog, I always missed out on pizza rolls. So I figured this would be the perfect time for me to make good on that. The husband and daughter liked it which is a huge point in its favour. Hopefully I can come up with some variations with this in the near future. I adapted the recipe from my Herb and Garlic Rolls and we had a fabulous snack on this beautiful winter evening.
Why I like this Bread?
I am on a lazy spell for the past few weeks and so these pizza rolls are perfect for that. It needs only a single rise and can be easily made with most ingredients readily available at home. These pizza rolls work as a sumptuous snack for kids and adults alike.
For some lip smacking pizza recipes, check out Potato Pizza, Homemade Veg Pizza and Amaranth flour Pizza
Makes 9 medium sized rolls
WHAT WE NEED
280 gms All purpose flour
30 gms Olive oil
2 1/2 tsp Instant yeast
1 tsp Salt
100 ml Warm water
3 tbsp Pizza sauce
Dried mixed herbs
WHAT TO DO
- In a large bowl, mix the all purpose flour, olive oil, instant yeast and salt
- Add 80ml warm water and mix well to form a soft dough
- If needed, add more water 1 tbsp at a time
- Cover and set aside till the dough doubles in volume, around 1 hour
- Transfer the dough to a flour-ed surface and roll it out into a 1/2″ thick rectangle
- Spread the pizza sauce on it and spread it all over the dough
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese generously
- Sprinkle the mixed dried herbs
- Roll the dough to a tight log on the longer side of the rectangle and seal the ends
- Cut the log into 9 pieces and place the pieces, cut side up on a greased baking tray
- Set aside for 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 190C
- Bake the rolls for 25 minutes or till the top gets a golden brown colour
- Cool for 10 minutes
- You can use any cheese of your choice. I used matured goat cheese
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM
oh wow sowmya you are so tempting me with these rolls, look so sinful yaar, wish you could parcel me some!
Wow! These look so doable. I am sure my kids will love these.
I do make these rolls at times, they are perfect for lazy tea treats and are delicious too… Looks so fluffy!
Oh my those pizza rolls look AMAZING. My kids will LOVE these – they look so soft and packed with flavorful.
Thats a lovely mini pizza made with less effort. Perfect for a get together.
I have made these rolls with puff pastry long time ago. Making the pizza rolls with scratch is a good idea. Looks yummy
I make them with puff pastry sheets and the homemade dough usually goes into pizza making. This surely is a kid friendly snack.
My kids are very fond of pizza rolls, In fact more than pizza itself.These have come out perfect…soft and fluffy
I always fond for pizza and am sure this pizza rolls will definitely please my tastedbuds.. Those rolls looks simply soft and dangerously delicious.
Wow! These pizza rolls look awesome Sowmya. Any variation of pizza is welcome at our place. My daughter would love these.
yummy, making my mouth watering. These mini pizza roll are perfect for kids, love them.
what a lovely snack – wish you lived next door = I would be knocking on your door right now to get some of these beauties!