Peas is one of my favourite ingredients for most dishes and this pea mint soup is a delightful addition to a peas recipe repertoire. We have a delightfully chilly weather in Bangalore right now and that is making me revisit all my old soup recipes. Pair this with a bowl of salad or a couple of bread slices and make a meal of it.
Why I love this soup?
This pea mint soup soup is so easy and simple to make. Most of us have peas in the freezer and potatoes lying around. Get some mint and onions and you are set for some deliciousness.I love how this soup captures the peas flavour beautifully while enhancing it with the freshness of mint and tangy-ness of the lemon.
If you are a soup aficionado then you have landed at just the right place. I make soups with most vegetables I have. Soup is a perfect solution for having vegetables and keeping them tasty. Kid doesn’t like any vegetable? Soup it up. Too few pieces of too many vegetables? Soup it up. You are not sure if any vegetables will vibe well with each other? Add onion and garlic and soup it up.
Check out my other soup recipes here and let me know which one is your favourite.
Pea and Mint Soup
- 1 Blender
- 40-50 gms Spring Onion small bunch
- 1 Potato medium size
- 1-2 Garlic cloves
- 500 ml Vegetable stock / water
- 120 gms Shelled peas
- 4 Sprigs Fresh mint
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Buttermilk
- Salt & Pepper
- Chop the spring onions. Peel and dice the potato and garlic.
- Add them along with the vegetable stock to a large saucepan. Let it come to a boil and then simmer for 10-12 minutes or till the potatoes are completely cooked
- Set aside few peas for garnish. Add the rest to the saucepan. Simmer for 4-5 minutes. Any more time can take away the vibrant green of the peas
- Add mint leaves, lemon juice and sugar and mix well. Let the mixture cool and then blend into a smooth puree
- Stir in 2 tbsp buttermilk and add salt & pepper
- Put it back on the gas on simmer. Heat it without getting it to boil else the buttermilk will curdle.
- Cook the peas set aside for garnish for 5 minutes in hot water
- Serve hot garnished with the peas and balance buttermilk/ sour cream
PIN IT FOR LATER
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM
Looks so vibrant and attractive!
wow butter milk in soup? Never tried that.. this sounds very interesting. Thanks for the share.
Creamy and colourful soup. Looks so tasty..
Extremely delicious soup and the colour of this soup looks catchy.
Wonderful soup and very flavorful with the addition of mint.
beautifully made – with that fresh and vibrant soup 🙂
and now I am Jealous u live in bangalore – a city I miss a lot :(((
Even I don’t like frozen peas and miss fresh ones a lot. Nice setting and love that blue printed plates.
Flavorful and vibrantly coloful. Your mention of Bangalore in your posts is making me all nostalgic as Kalyani mentioned. It is a place I always call home irrespective of where I live.
You and I are certainly peas in a pod. I too love green peas much to both my kid’s disgust. They believe I buy them to make their lives miserable. Thi sis one soup I have not tried on them…
Adding mint to pea soup takes it to a whole new level. Loved this one!
Mint and Peas is such a classic combination. Soup looks lovely.
Yummy looking pea soup.
Very pretty green, never added buttermilk to soup before, this looks interesting! 🙂
Wow I love that green look and I am sure this soup must have been so filling!
I like all your soups very much. Thanks!
Thank you so much. Glad you dropped by to visit my blog
This is definitely a light soup perfect for any meal. Love that vibrant color.