We are back on the cookie bandwagon and these oats cookies have a good dose of cinnamon and cashews and raisins and offer a guilt free option to those who few guilty about eating cookies. In my opinion it does not make sense to feel guilt or any negative emotion when you eat. Enjoy what you eat and have fun.
Why I like these cookies?
The oats cookies have a nice chewy texture with a lovely bite from the cashews. These oats cookies do not need any chilling time and is a quick fix for an evening snack or to fill the quite dreadful snack box for school.
Makes 16 medium sized cookies
WHAT WE NEED
120 gms Instant oats
105 gms Sugar
20 Cashewnuts, broken
1/4 tsp Ground cinnamon
Pinchc of salt
90-95 gms Unsalted butter, at room temperature
1-2 tbsp Milk, if needed
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Line a baking tray with parchment
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except the butter
- Add 85 gms of butter and mix all the ingredients together to form a smooth dough
- Add more butter if the dough is too dry
- Add 1-2 tbsp milk if needed
- Divide the dough into 15-16 portions and roll each portion into a ball
- Place these dough balls on the baking tray and slightly press them down to flatten
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or till the cookies start browning
- Cool for 10 mins on the tray and then store in an airtight container
Check out the other bloggers doing this Bake-a-thon