This veg fried rice is one of my favourite rice dishes and I end up making it very often. It is a nice way to get the daughter to eat vegetables without much fuss and it is an easy dish to make.
For other similar rice dishes check out Awadhi Biryani, Mint Rice and Coriander and Corn Rice
Recipe from here
WHAT WE NEED
1 cup Basmati Rice
4 cups Water
1 1/2 cups Mixed vegetables (carrot, French beans, capsicum, baby corn and cabbage)
1/3 Cup Spring onion plus additional for garnish
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1″ Ginger, finely chopped
3 tsp Soy sauce
1 tsp Vinegar
1/2 tsp Black pepper
2-3 tbsp Oil
WHAT TO DO
- Soak the basmati rice for 30 mins
- Chop all the vegetables finely and set aside
- In a deep bottom pan, add 4 cups water, salt and few drops of oil and bring to boil
- Once it boils, drain and add the rice and let it cook till al dente
- Drain the water and set aside the rice
- In a pan, heat 21/2 tsp oil and add the spring onion and fry for a minute on low flame
- Add the vegetables and cook on high flame for 4-5 minutes while constantly stirring
- Add the soy sauce, vinegar and salt to the pan
- Add the rice and toss to mix well with the vegetables
- Serve warm with veg manchurian baby corn manchurian or paneer manchurian
This is my post for the Biryani/ Pulao / Khichadi Festival for the alphabet ‘F’
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#99
Fried rice seems to be the flavor of the day. Your bowl of fried rice looks inviting.
F for Fried rice..perfect pic and the rice looks beautifully made . The baby corn pieces look great..I have never added them to my rice.
Same pinch on the dish 🙂 this is one of my fav at any restaurant . Very well presented Sowmya
Beautifully presented fried Rice.. I can have this bowl of fried rice anytime!!
Yummy looking veg fried rice, this is one dish which I make atleast once a week for lunch boxes. Good one.
Last year, for F, I picked fried rice only. 🙂 This is a great pick and love the way it turned out. Perfect.
Very colourful looking fried rice. This is the best Indo Chinese recipe which kids love. With just sauce at side, it would make a delicious food.
Perfect looking veg fried rice. I love how you chopped baby corn. My kids would love it.
Love how quickly this one gets done, very nicely presented!
Such an inviting and tempting bowl it is. One of my favourites and easy way to add vegetables to rice. Awesome share.
Wow, I love veg fried rice so I can’t wait to try this! Very nicely presented
Fried rice looks so colorful, I am sure it must have been a great meal option with any chinese curry..