This is my favorite start breakfast because it’s easy, quick and filling. If I have bread at home, I usually make one of these for each one of us and since it’s quick, I can sleep an additional 15 minutes in the morning which is absolute bliss!
The funny part is I just saw this series of images on Twitter or Pinterest long ago with bacon and it seemed like a nice idea then. I obviously did not use the bacon and substituted it with a tomato. On very lazy days ( which is more often than I care to admit) I omit the tomato too and just go with the egg and cheese. It’s a must try.
So here goes –
WHAT WE NEED
Bread slice 1
Tomato slice (optional) 1
Cheese slice 1
Butter for greasing
WHAT TO DO
- Cut the interior of a bread slice somas to have a small square and the frame of the slice with a hole in the centre.
- Heat a pan and grease it with butter.
- Put the slice frame on it and break an egg into it and let it cook.
- Once the yolk sets, add the tomato slice on top of it.
- Add the cheese slice on top of the tomato slice.
- Once the cheese slice starts melting and sticking to the bread slice, add the cut smaller square of the bread on top of the cheese.
- Add some butter on top and slowly flip the entire toast with a spatula.
- Let it cook for a minute.
- Once you see the cheese slice lifting off the pan, remove the toast carefully with a spatula.
- If you are in a hurry and don’t have time to cut the bread slice into a square, just use a small cup and cut it into a circle.
This is my post for the Blogging Marathon under the theme – Instant Breakfast.