I couldn’t finish all my pita bread in those sandwiches I made and the ominous warning on the packet of using the bread within 24 hours had me worried. What to do? What to do? That’s when, coincidentally, I chanced upon this recipe – the perfect solution to all my pita problems. Crispy pita toasts with garlic flavour. I was in bread heaven.
The lovely part was that it was quick and easy and made with all the ingredients I had readily available, not to mention the daughter loved it. Blissful day!
So here goes –
WHAT WE NEED
Pita Bread 2
Olive oil 1 tbsp
Garlic cloves 2-3
Cheddar cheese, grated 1-2 tbsp
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Cut pita bread into quarters
- Brush them with olive oil
- Finely chop the garlic and top the pita bread
- Add salt and pepper
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top
- Bake for 10-12 minutes till the pitas are crispy and golden brown
- Enjoy with any dip of your choice!
- The cheese is optional but I used it because that would make it easier to give it to my daughter.
- You can also add paprika with salt and pepper
This is part of the