Another root vegetable, another soup. But this wasn’t such a success with the kiddo. She was initially excited looking at the soup but did not have more than couple of spoons. But the husband and I liked it.
It’s a simple soup with few ingredients and a wonderful flavor. Recipe adapted from here.
WHAT WE NEED
Olive oil 1 tbsp
Radish 500 gms
Onion, medium 2
Potato, medium 2
Milk 250 ml
Water 200 ml
WHAT TO DO
- Chop the onions and radio finely. The radish can also be grated.
- Heat the oil and add the onions and radish.
- Cook them till the onions turn translucent.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into 1″ pieces.
- Add the potatoes and milk.
- Add salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Simmer and cook covered for 15 minutes till the potatoes are completely cooked.
- Cool and blend the mixture into a smooth soup. Add water if required.
- Warm the soup before serving.
- Can garnish it with sour cream (optional).
This is my entry for the Blogging Marathon under Root Vegetables.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for other marathoners doing this BM.
wow radish and potato in a soup. yumm
Radish in soup is very innovative. Looks so creamy and inviting..
Interesting soup. Never thought of using radish in soup because of it’so strong flavor.
You are on a soups roll. It is quite welcoming in this weather.
we are fans of radish.. and this is interesting ! bookmarking to try…
That is an interesting soup with radish and potato. Looks yummy!!
This is the first time I’m hearing radish soup….interesting recipe. Looks delicious
Never tried radish soup interesting..
I would have never thought of using radish in soup. Looks lovely!
Never made a soup with radish..sounds interesting..
Radish soup looks super creamy and interesting to give a try .
Wow! Never imagined radish soup.