Another root vegetable, another soup. But this wasn’t such a success with the kiddo. She was initially excited looking at the soup but did not have more than couple of spoons. But the husband and I liked it.
It’s a simple soup with few ingredients and a wonderful flavor. Recipe adapted from here.
WHAT WE NEED
Olive oil 1 tbsp
Radish 500 gms
Onion, medium 2
Potato, medium 2
Milk 250 ml
Water 200 ml
WHAT TO DO
- Chop the onions and radio finely. The radish can also be grated.
- Heat the oil and add the onions and radish.
- Cook them till the onions turn translucent.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into 1″ pieces.
- Add the potatoes and milk.
- Add salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Simmer and cook covered for 15 minutes till the potatoes are completely cooked.
- Cool and blend the mixture into a smooth soup. Add water if required.
- Warm the soup before serving.
- Can garnish it with sour cream (optional).
This is my entry for the Blogging Marathon under Root Vegetables.