I made Bhindi Masala as part of my North Indian Thali theme for this month’s Blogigng Marathon. Mixed with onion, tomatoes and spices, it is a simple and tasty way to have lady’s fingers.
Recipe adapted from here.
Lady’s fingers / Okra 250gms
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Onion, large 1
Garlic cloves 2
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Red chilly powder 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala 1/2 tsp
Amchur powder 1/2 tsp
Oil 3 tbsp
WHAT TO DO
- Wash and pat dry the lady’s fingers
- Cut them to 1″ pieces and set aside
- Heat 2 tbsp oil and add the lady’s fingers to it
- Add amchur powder and salt and mix well.
- Cook covered tossing it at regular intervals
- Set aside the lady’s fingers and heat 1 tbsp oil in the same pan
- Add the cumin seeds
- Once the cumin seeds are roasted, finely chop and add the onion
- Once the onion is translucent, add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, garam masala, salt and cook for a minute
- Add the lady’s finger and mix well
- Cook covered on simmer for 5-6 minutes
- Serve warm with rotis
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#74
I love this sukha bhindi..very nicely done..
Nice recipe…Your thalli looks wonderful with so many varieties…
Thank you so much. Glad you visited my blog.