Having a toddler at home means making more potatoes. It is one thing that they eat without much of a fuss. So I am always trying out different recipes with potatoes to keep the variety and health aspects intact. But once in a way, a little indulgence is allowed, right?
I found this amazing recipe here and these wedges turned out so awesome! I wanted to make some kind of dip to go with it but the husband and kiddo just grabbed it from the oven and I had to sacrifice the dip in order to fight for my share of the fries.
It’s a simple and less guilt version of fries since they are baked and not fried.
So here goes –
WHAT WE NEED
Russet potatoes 3, medium to large
Olive oil 3 tbsp
Salt 2 tsp
Onion / garlic powder 2 tsp
Mixed dried herbs 3 tsp
Parmesan cheese, grated 1/3 cup
Fresh herbs, optional 3 tsp
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat the oven to 190C
- Grease a baking tray lightly
- Mix salt, seasoning and onion powder together and set aside
- Wash and cut the potatoes into wedges
- Place them in a large bowl, add olive oil and toss them well so that the oil coats all the wedges
- Sprinkle the cheese and toss well to coat
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture and fresh herbs and toss to coat
- Place the wedges in a single layer on the baking tray with the skin side down
- Bake for 30-35 minutes till the wedges are golden brown in colour
This is my entry for tea time snacks for the Blogging Marathon.