My cravings for the day never matches up with what needs to be cooked or the ingredients in the house. Don’t know why but I have been wanting to have some noodles for the past two days. But crazy schedules and backlogs mean that I have to cook and post on the same day for the BM.
So I have combined the theme of Bhurjis and my noodle cravings to make Bhurji noodles. I came up with the recipe as I went along and the end result was pretty lip smacking! So here goes –
WHAT WE NEED
Noodles (any kind) 200 gms
Olive oil 2 tbsp
Garlic 2 cloves
Onion, medium 1
Mixed vegetables 1/2 cup
Moong sprouts 1/4 cup
Red chilly powder 1/2 tsp
Soy sauce 1/2 tsp
Vinegar 1/2 tsp
WHAT TO DO
- Cook the noodles as per package instructions
- In a pan, heat the oil
- Finely chop the garlic and onion and add them to the oil
- The mixed vegetables can be any or all of carrots, beans, mushroom, corn, baby corn, cauliflower, cabbage, etc.
- Once the onion is translucent, finely chop and add the mixed vegetables and sprouts and mix well.
- Cook on medium high flame and toss regularly
- Once the vegetables are soft, in about 3-4 minutes, move thyme to one side
- Break and add the 4 eggs. Scramble it well and mix it with the vegetables.
- Add red chilly powder, salt, soy sauce and vinegar.
- Cook on medi low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the noodles and mix well
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
This is my entry for the Blogging Marathon under the theme – Bhurji