There are recipes and there are some amazing awesome recipes which make you jump with joy. This one by Saffron Trail is one of them. Since we are in a temporary accommodation, my cooking options are limited. But white sauce can make my daughter eat anything. I can hide any vegetable or other stuff she doesn’t like, in the white sauce and she will gobble it up like a dream. So I borrowed some flour from my mother-in-law when I visited her the last weekend and with butter and milk I had, I made this delightful white sauce and it was bliss!
I am giving the usual measurements I use for the white sauce but I am not sure what I used this time because I had no measuring spoons. I went with my gut and it was still awesome. The secret is, of course, when in doubt use more butter. So here goes –
WHAT WE NEED
Butter 1 tbsp
All purpose flour 1 tbsp
Milk 1 cup
WHAT TO DO
- Melt some butter on medium for 30 seconds in a microwave safe bowl
- Add the flour and whisk well. Use a fork if you don’t have a whisk.
- Add the milk and whisk well
- Microwave on medium for 30 seconds
- Remove the bowl and whisk
- Microwave again for 30 seconds
- Add salt and whisk
- Repeat it once or twice till it reaches the sauce consistency
- Enjoy it with some pasta or boiled veggies!
This is my entry for the Blogging Marathon under the theme – One Appliance Three Dishes.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for other marathoners doing this BM.
i liked that line “when in doubt, use more butter” ! this looks perfect for those harried mornings to make a quick white sauce 🙂
My kids love the white sauce and loved the MW version.
Thats definitely very useful post for many of us.. Excellent quick sauce.
Love this easy to make white sauce. Looks great.