There are recipes and there are some amazing awesome recipes which make you jump with joy. This one by Saffron Trail is one of them. Since we are in a temporary accommodation, my cooking options are limited. But white sauce can make my daughter eat anything. I can hide any vegetable or other stuff she doesn’t like, in the white sauce and she will gobble it up like a dream. So I borrowed some flour from my mother-in-law when I visited her the last weekend and with butter and milk I had, I made this delightful white sauce and it was bliss!
I am giving the usual measurements I use for the white sauce but I am not sure what I used this time because I had no measuring spoons. I went with my gut and it was still awesome. The secret is, of course, when in doubt use more butter. So here goes –
WHAT WE NEED
Butter 1 tbsp
All purpose flour 1 tbsp
Milk 1 cup
WHAT TO DO
- Melt some butter on medium for 30 seconds in a microwave safe bowl
- Add the flour and whisk well. Use a fork if you don’t have a whisk.
- Add the milk and whisk well
- Microwave on medium for 30 seconds
- Remove the bowl and whisk
- Microwave again for 30 seconds
- Add salt and whisk
- Repeat it once or twice till it reaches the sauce consistency
- Enjoy it with some pasta or boiled veggies!
This is my entry for the Blogging Marathon under the theme – One Appliance Three Dishes.