There is more than one reason for me to be watching and reducing my weight. I can’t stop baking though, hence my efforts are towards healthier recipes without sacrificing taste.
I combined two or three recipes that I saw online and came up with this one. I was to add dates and walnuts to these muffins but I forgot. Yet they turned out really good. So, why dates?
130 gms (1 cup) whole wheat
35 gms (2 1/2 tbsp + 1/2 tsp) brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp orange zest
2 1/2 tbsp + 1/2 tsp orange juice
3 tbsp buttermilk
1 egg beaten
3 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp butter melted
1. Preheat the oven at 205C
2. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and orange zest
3. Mix orange juice, egg, buttermilk, vanilla essence, butter and honey
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture
5. Grease a muffin tray or use muffin cups
6. Use a spoon or ice cream scoop to divide the batter equally in the muffin tray and bake for 20 minutes
1. This batter could make 9 medium sized muffins.