While I was baking all those delicious breads last month, I was also feeling very guilty about eating so many breads all at once. That is when I decided to eat salads to kind of compensate for all that wheat. This is one of the lovely salads that I had.
The recipe is from a book ‘Diva Green: a vegetarian cookbook’ by Ritu Dalmia. It is a fun book with recipes divided amongst potatoes, pumpkins, mushrooms, greens, fruits and such others. There are lovely salads, soups and few baked dishes I have marked to try. I will post a few of them as part of my Cooking from Cookbook Challenge this month.
WHAT WE NEED
Baby potatoes, halved 500 gms
Baby onions, peeled 250 gms
Walnuts, roughly chopped 1/2 cup
Butter 25 gms
Brown sugar 1 tsp
Spring onions, chopped 2
Raisins 2 tbsp
Lemon, medium size 1
Salt & pepper
Coriander leaves to garnish
Paneer, crumbled, to garnish
WHAT TO DO
- Soak the raisins in some water for 10 minutes. Drain it and set aside
- Boil the baby potatoes in salted water for 10 minutes and remove with slotted spoon
- In the same water, boil the baby onions for 10 minutes and drain
- In a pan, toast the walnuts for about 5 minutes on medium heat and set aside
- In the same pan, heat the butter and once it melts, add the brown sugar
- When the mixture turns dark, add the potatoes and onions and cook for 2-3 minutes till they are nicely brown
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes, onions, spring onions, walnuts and raisins.
- Juice the lemon and mix well
- Season with salt & pepper
- Garnish with crumbled paneer and coriander leaves
This is my post for the Blogging Marathon under the theme, ‘Picnic Dishes’.