This dish is another one which has been on my to-do list forever now. I saw this one on Venkatesh Bhat’s show and it looked so simple and yum.
It is a perfect example of an easy dish which is tasty as well as nutritious with all the veggies in it. Pair it with a simple raita and you are set for dinner.
WHAT WE NEED
Basmati rice 1 cup
Onion, large 1
Carrot, medium 1
French beans 6-8
Peas, boiled 1/4 cup
Unsalted butter 100 gms
Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
Turmeric powder A pinch
Green chillies 2
Pav bhaji masala 2-3 tsp
WHAT TO DO
- Soak the basmati rice for 20 minutes in water
- Drain and cook the rice in 2 cups water in a large pan till it is almost done
- Strain the water and mix a tsp of oil to the rice and set aside
- Chop the onion, carrot, beans and capsicum finely.
- Heat the butter in a pan and add the onion and sauté for a minute on medium high
- Add the ginger garlic paste and sauté till the raw smell goes
- Add the chopped carrot, beans and capsicum and toss well
- Add turmeric and peas and mix
- Slit the green chillies vertically and add to the pan
- Add the pav bhaji masala and salt and mix well
- Cook for 4-5 minutes
- Add the rice and mix well
- Turn off the heat and serve with any raita of your choice
This is my entry for the Blogging Marathon under the theme – Make a meal.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for other marathoners doing this BM.
That is colorful and a flavorful pulao. Such one pot meals and pulaos are saviors on lazy days
I love tawa puloa and your bowl is so inviting Sowmya..
I can finish my lunch with this fabulous flavourful pulao, inviting.
Wow, what a beautiful color of this pulao, looks very tempting.
That is such a simple and colorful pulao.