There are cookies and there are cookies. This one, though, should have been named buttery sables. It simply melts in your mouth, which is not surprising considering the amount of butter added. But it’s so worth it because you get such goodness rarely and it must be enjoyed. Christmas time after all!
It’s a sweet, simple recipe to cookie heaven from the book, ‘500 Cookies: The only cookie compendium you will ever need’. It is recommended to have these with some dessert wine.
So here goes –
Makes 35-40 cookies
WHAT WE NEED
All purpose flour 3 1/4 cups
Confectioner’s sugar 1 1/2 cups
Butter, at room temperature 1 1/4 cups
Vanilla extract 2 tsp
Raisins (optional) 1/2 cup
Egg white 1
Coarse sugar 2 tbsp
WHAT TO DO
- Sift flour and the confectioner’s sugar in a bowl
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Add the vanilla and raisins
- Knead the dough lightly until smooth.
- Divide the dough into 4
- Roll each part of the dough to a log of 1 1/2 inch wide.
- Refrigerate till the dough gets firm (around 1 hour)
- Preheat the oven to 190C
- Grease 2 baking trays or line them with parchment paper
- Take out the dough and cut each log into 1/4 inch sized slice.
- Bake them for 10-12 minutes
- Cool on a wire rack
This is part of the