This is a sinfully delightful way to eat apples. It’s rich and juicy and warm and cozy. Also, it’s apples and hence predominantly guilt free!
The best part was I could get almost one apple along with some raisins and walnuts into the little one’s stomach. Makes it a favorite right away! Also, it’s a quick and easy desert to serve while having people over. The recipe is from here.
So here goes –
WHAT WE NEED
Brown sugar 3 tbsp
Butter 1 tbsp
Walnuts, chopped 4 tbsp
Raisins 4 tbsp
Cinnamon powder 1/2 tsp
Nutmeg powder 1/4 tsp
Ginger powder 1/2 tsp
Orange Juice 4 tbsp
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat the oven to 190C
- Mix brown sugar, walnuts,raisins, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and ginger powder
- Cut the butter into small pieces and add to this mixture and combine.
- Cut off the top of the apple and scoop out the flesh with a small spoon.
- Ensure that the walls and base of the apple are intact.
- Stuff the sugar mixture into the apples and sprinkle the balance mixture on top.
- Arrange the apples in a baking dish and pour the orange juice on and around the apples.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes till the apples are tender and the skin is loosened.
- Pour the balance orange juice over the apples and serve warm, preferably with ice cream.
- Other options for stuffing are cooked rolled oats, other dried fruits, candied fruits or ginger, etc.
- If you are baking more than 3 apples then it is advisable to rotate the baking tray once after 15 minutes of baking.
This is part of the
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for other marathoners doing this BM.
Stuffed and baked apples looks delicious.
Just love this stuffed and baked apples, so tempting and delicious.
what a fantastic holiday treat
Nice dessert to serve when you have guests at home and it looks fancy and exotic as well.
That is a quick & delicious treat made with apples. They look amazing.
That is a very tempting dessert!
Oh looks so good and if kiddo likes it, nothing like it right!
Love the recipe. It’s very tempting.