Pressure situations result in some fun inspiration and quick fix dishes. I overslept last weekend and that coincided with the husband and daughter waking up early and being very hungry before I had time to sip my tea. So I needed a quick breakfast to keep them calm. One thing led to another and I was able to feed them before they ate me up.
Makes around 10-12 dosas
WHAT WE NEED
Soya flour 3/4 cup
Rice flour 1 cup
Tomato, medium 1
WHAT TO DO
- Cut the tomato and blend it into a paste / puree in a mixer
- Take the rice flour, soya flour and salt in a bowl
- Add the tomato paste and mix
- Add enough water to make a dosa batter. The batter should be slightly runny, not as runny as a rava dosa batter
- Heat a tava and once it is hot, add a ladle full of batter and gently spread it on the tava
- Add oil at the edges of the dosa and once it starts browning gently release the dosa from the tava with a spatula
- Repeat the process till you have as many dosas as you need
- Serve warm with idli gunpowder or chutney
This is my post for the Blogging Marathon under the theme, ‘Crepes all the way’.