For the third and final day, I wanted to do a desert / sweet dish and so I tried the French goey chocolate sponge cake from Priya’s blog but I managed to burn the top of the cake. Though it tasted good, it was in no condition to be clicked and so I switched to this simple crepe recipe which can be breakfast or a desert if teamed with an ice cream. So here goes –
Rexipe source – here
WHAT WE NEED
Whole wheat flour 1 cup
Milk 1 cup
Water 3/4 cup
Honey 1 tbsp
Vanilla 1 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Butter, melted 1 tbsp + extra for cooking
WHAT TO DO
- Put all ingredients in blender and mix well.
- Let stand about 15 minutes.
- Melt and swirl around a small pat of butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Angle pan and pour enough batter on one side to thinly and evenly cover the pan.
- Swirl the batter around quickly to cover the pan in one thin layer.
- After about a minute (and once it is golden brown on the bottom) carefully flip it over without tearing the crepe.
- Fry for another minute on the other side (until it is golden brown as well) and then roll up each crepe.
- Serve with maple syrup or honey