Guess what, I won a cookbook giveaway! I love giveaways and participate in them with full gusto, especially when its a cookbook at the end of the rainbow. Last month, I won 500 Cookies:the only cookie compendium you’ll ever need in a giveaway hosted by Aparna of My Diverse Kitchen. So, as you can guess, my answer to all questions is now cookie. Bored? Have a cookie. Sad? Have a cookie. Happy? Have two cookies. You get the drift….
So here goes –
WHAT WE NEED (for 12 large or 20 small cookies)
Unsalted Butter 1/2 cup (113 gms)
Sugar 1 cup
Orange zest 3-5 tsp
Vanilla extract 1 tsp
All purpose flour 1 1/2 cup
Baking soda 1/2 tsp
Baking powder 1/4 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Choco chips 1 cup
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat the oven to 190C
- Beat the butter and sugar. Its not necessary for them to get fluffy. they just need to blend well with each other
- Add the egg, orange zest and vanilla and combine
- Sift together the dry ingredients
- Stir the dry ingredients into the mixture
- Add the choco chips and mix well.
- Use an ice cream scoop to make small balls of the cookie dough and place them on a greased baking tray 2 inches apart. This gives space to the cookie to spread out
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Cool for around 10 minutes
- Store in an air tight container for upto 5 days.