I am not a frequent mug cake person. I picked this theme for the Blogging Marathon this month to explore this further. So I have been making 2-3 mug cakes every week now and the daughter is happily used to it.
So here is one of her favorites –
WHAT WE NEED
4 tbsp all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ tsp. baking powder
3 tbsp. granulated sugar
⅛ tsp salt
5 tbsp milk
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tbsp Nutella
WHAT TO DO
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in a large mug (14oz)
- Add the milk and oil until all ingredients are combined and there are no lumps in the batter.
- Add 1 tbsp. of Nutella in the middle of the batter. Just drop it in the middle.
- Microwave for 1-2 minutes
- A large mug is necessary for this since the cake will rise quite a bit
- I needed 2 minutes in the microwave since mine was set at 540W. If yours is at 700W or more than I think 1 minute should suffice.
This is my entry for the Blogging Marathon hosted by Srivalli.