Banana bread is one of those bakes which has a million recipes each as awesome as the next. But some of them do stand apart like this one. The fun part is it doesn’t need oil, butter, sugar or wheat flour. So yay!
And the not so good part is, atleast for me, it turned out a tad undercooked and a bit sticky. Am not sure where I bungled up but it tastes awesome and so the daughter and husband have heartily forgiven me.
The recipe is from here and here goes –
WHAT WE NEED
Rolled oats 1 1/4 cup
Mashed bananas 3/4 cup
Baking soda 1/2 tsp
Baking powder 3/8 tsp
Ground Cinnamon 1/2 tsp
Salt A pinch
Vanilla essence 3/4 tsp
Vinegar 2 1/4 tsp
Milk 2 tbsp + 2 tsp
Honey / maple syrup 1/4 cup
Raisins (optional) 2 tbsp
Choco chips (optional) 2 tbsp
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat the oven to 190C
- Grind the oats to a fine powder
- Mix all the ingredients together, except raisins and choco chips
- Add the choco chips and raisins and mix well
- Grease a 6 * 2 1/2 loaf pan
- Pour the batter into the pan
- Bake for 35 minutes
- Let the bread sit inside the oven for 10 minutes after it is baked. Don’t open the oven till then
- Open the oven after the 45 minutes and let it cool completely (around 1 hour)
- After an hour or so, in mould the bread and enjoy!
- I made a very small loaf since I had limited quantities of the rolled oats. The original recipe is double this one and can be baked in a 9 *5 pan.
- If you want to make this a vegan recipe, you can substitute the milk for almond or soy milk.
This is part of the