First my disclaimer – I have never had moroccon spaghetti before. So I have no clue as to how it’s supposed to be. I found this awesome recipe in this book called – Accidental Vegetarian. There are some pretty interesting and new combinations in this book.
And the second disclaimer is that I haven’t stayed true to the recipe from the book either. It was to have chickpeas and flaked almonds which I substituted with broccoli and ground almond all because I had to finish that spaghetti staring at me in the pantry.
So here goes –
Spaghetti 300 gms
Olive oil 1 1/2 tbsp
Garlic 3 cloves
Broccoli 150-200 gms
Cherry tomatoes 10-15
Cinnamon, ground 1 tsp
Cumin, ground 1 tsp
Ginger, ground 1 tsp
Cloves, ground 1/2 tsp
Salt & Pepper
WHAT TO DO
- Cook the spaghetti as per packet instructions .
- Finely chop onion, garlic, broccoli and cut the tomatoes into halves.
- Heat oil and add the onion and garlic. Cool till soft
- Add the brocolli, cinnamon, cumin and tomatoes and cook over medium heat for around 10 minutes till they are completely cooked
- Add salt and pepper and almonds and mix well.
- Add the cooked pasta and mix to combine.
- Optimal tip – garnish with parsley or mint leaves or some ground almond.
This is my entry for the Cooking from Cookbook Challenge hosted by Srivalli.
a nice spaghetti dish – the spices used definitely make it Moroccan – great dish!
What a yummy looking Moroccan spaghetti. My broccoli & pasta loving daughter will slurp this whole dish 🙂