Some recipes you bookmark to try later and others tempt you so much that you rush to your kitchen, make it at the earliest and rest only after you have sunk your teeth in a slice. This dish is one of the latter. It was made by Valli earlier in this Bake-a-thon and I saw it and have been salivating ever since.
To add to it, my mother-in-law was due for a visit last weekend and I needed an eggless recipe to bake for her. So I picked this recipe immediately and she was also pleased that this one was a whole wheat flour cake. Needless to say, I scored some major brownie points with my mother-in-law in addition to stuffing my face with all the cake. What more to ask for?
Recipe from here.
Makes one 7″ loaf
WHAT WE NEED
Sugar 3/4 cup
Curds 3/4 cup
Oil 1/4 cup
Lemon juice 2 tsp
Zest from one large lemon
Baking powder 3/4 tsp
Baking soda 1/2 tsp
Whole wheat flour 1 cup
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat the oven to 185C
- Powder the sugar finely in a blender
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon and grate the required lemon zest
- In a medium bowl, add the sugar, curds, oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, baking powder and baking soda and mix well
- Set aside for 5 minutes and the mixture will froth a little
- Grease the loaf pan and line it with parchment paper
- Add the flour gradually to the mixture and combine well
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 25-27 minutes or till the tester comes out clean
- Cool completely before slicing
- Enjoy it with some tea!
This is part of the Bake-a-thon 2016