Some soups are delightfully simple and flavoursome. Lemon coriander is one such. It is made with ingredients which are usually available at all times at home. It makes a wonderful start to a meal by teasing your taste buds but at the same time not killing your appetite.
Recipe adapted from here
WHAT WE NEED
Oil 1 tbsp
Garlic cloves 2-3
Spring onion white 2 tbsp
Onion, small 1
Carrot, small 1
Cabbage 5-6 tbsp
Gram flour 1 tbsp
Vegetable stock 3 cups
Coriander leaves 2 tbsp
Lemon juice 2 tbsp
Salt & Pepper
WHAT TO DO
- Heat oil. Finely chop the ginger, garlic, spring onion and onion and add to the oil
- Once the onion is translucent, finely chop and add carrot and cabbage
- Add gram flour and mix well
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil
- Add salt and pepper and simmer for 3-4 minutes
- Turn off the heat and strain the vegetables
- Put the soup back on the heat
- Add lemon juice and coriander leaves and bring to a boil
- Turn off the heat and garnish with coriander leaves
PIN IT FOR LATER
This is my post for the September Mega Marathon under the theme – Soups.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 68
Soup looks flavorful!! Bookmarked
Wow, such a comforting soup, looks absolutely wonderful.
Very flavorful soup.
I love both lemon and coriander. This soup with both of them looks so inviting..
Very soothing one for throat. yummy soup
my MOST FAV soup ever , I had it lined up for this BM, but somehow chose the other ones 🙂 bookmarking ur recipe Sowmya !
I never expected this lovely soup when I read the title. I was thinking along the lines of mulligatawny soup.
Flavorful and yummy looking soup..
That is a super flavorful soup. One of my favorites!
Light and flavorful lemon soup.
My favourite and I want some of it….Love the soup.
Lemon and coriander is a classic combo. Looks yummy.
I seriously love your bowl! I won’t actually mind if its offered as such to me now..very nice one..