All through my life I have tried to lose weight. It has mostly not worked because I would not stick to any plan for more than a week. Then I would look at people thinner than me wearing pretty clothes and sulk. This has been going on forever with no end in sight. Finally I figured out how to solve the problem. No, I am not propounding a new weight loss strategy. All I am saying is that my problem has always been other people being thinner. So I figured I would put my baking to use as a dark art and get everyone around me to put on weight. If that is not a delicious solution I don’t know what is.
So these garlic rolls are the first step in that direction. In my defense, they did turn out delicious and quite gobble-worthy.
Recipe adapted from here
Makes 10 rolls
WHAT WE NEED
1 cup All purpose flour
1 cup Whole Wheat flour
2 1/2 tsp Instant yeast
1 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Salt
2 tbsp Olive oil
3/4 cup Warm water
60-70gms Herbed garlic butter
Sesame seeds to garnish
WHAT TO DO
- Add the flours, yeast, sugar, salt and oil in a large bowl
- Add 1/2 cup water and mix to form a smooth dough
- If the dough seems too dry then add 2tsp water at a time till the dough comes together
- Cover and set aside for an hour or till the dough doubles in volume
- Take out the dough and roll it into a 1/2″ thick rectangle
- Spread the garlic butter on the dough evenly
- Roll the dough into a tight log from the longer side of the rectangle
- Cut the log into 10 pieces
- Grease an 8″ round baking pan and place the rolls side-up on the pan
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top and set aside for 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 185C
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or till the rolls are golden brown
- Brush with the balance butter on top
- Serve warm
- I used the store bought garlic butter but you can also make it at home. Take 70 gms of salted butter, 4-5 cloves of garlic and 2-3 tsp of mixed herbs. Pulse the garlic and herbs together in a blender. Add them to the butter and mix well. Add salt if needed and use.
PIN IT FOR LATER
This is my post for the Blogging Marathon under the theme, ‘Wraps & Rolls’.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM
Wow ! What lovely rolls , and such a amazing flavour . I don’t mind these for my dinner .. diet or no diet .. no worries !
wow.. love the flavor of garlic… Look so nicely done.
Wow !! This bread is a beauty in itself !! Love the simple way of presenting a not-so-easy recipe !
Ha! Ha! Let us know how your plan works out. You have started with the right recipe. Those rolls looks so good! Perfectly baked.
me too cant stick to a diet for more than a week! food is my weakness! lol…………..these rolls look delicious! we make this all the time,,,,,,,,,my daughter absolutely loves them!
This is quite hilarious Sowmya….dark art. Even I need to learn this art. My all resolve to restrict my diet and shed some kilos get faded easily….then I say…halwai mote hi hote hein….so is the food bloggers.
Just like your other bakes, these roll too look so good …wanna eat them but these days I’m lazy enough to bake
garlic is my darling essence !
That’s a great strategy to have Sowmya, love those rolls, look fantastic!
Fantastic plan on the diet. Those rolls are looking fantastic.
Those garlic rolls are just prefect to enjoy without any spread, my kind of rolls. I simply love garlic flavored rolls very much.
These garlic rolls looking fabulous. So fluffy and perfect for snacks. Dear try such recipes with whole wheat flour as well. I am looking for such recipes with wwf
Hahaha! That is a nice idea Sowmya. I will try to follow that. Between, the rolls look amazing and I am sure they make a great treat for friends.
That’s a really nice sense of humor interesting Sowmya. I always wish I could gain some weight.