All through my life I have tried to lose weight. It has mostly not worked because I would not stick to any plan for more than a week. Then I would look at people thinner than me wearing pretty clothes and sulk. This has been going on forever with no end in sight. Finally I figured out how to solve the problem. No, I am not propounding a new weight loss strategy. All I am saying is that my problem has always been other people being thinner. So I figured I would put my baking to use as a dark art and get everyone around me to put on weight. If that is not a delicious solution I don’t know what is.
So these garlic rolls are the first step in that direction. In my defense, they did turn out delicious and quite gobble-worthy.
Recipe adapted from here
Makes 10 rolls
WHAT WE NEED
1 cup All purpose flour
1 cup Whole Wheat flour
2 1/2 tsp Instant yeast
1 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Salt
2 tbsp Olive oil
3/4 cup Warm water
60-70gms Herbed garlic butter
Sesame seeds to garnish
WHAT TO DO
- Add the flours, yeast, sugar, salt and oil in a large bowl
- Add 1/2 cup water and mix to form a smooth dough
- If the dough seems too dry then add 2tsp water at a time till the dough comes together
- Cover and set aside for an hour or till the dough doubles in volume
- Take out the dough and roll it into a 1/2″ thick rectangle
- Spread the garlic butter on the dough evenly
- Roll the dough into a tight log from the longer side of the rectangle
- Cut the log into 10 pieces
- Grease an 8″ round baking pan and place the rolls side-up on the pan
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top and set aside for 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 185C
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or till the rolls are golden brown
- Brush with the balance butter on top
- Serve warm
- I used the store bought garlic butter but you can also make it at home. Take 70 gms of salted butter, 4-5 cloves of garlic and 2-3 tsp of mixed herbs. Pulse the garlic and herbs together in a blender. Add them to the butter and mix well. Add salt if needed and use.
PIN IT FOR LATER
This is my post for the Blogging Marathon under the theme, ‘Wraps & Rolls’.