The second dish in this week’s theme of ‘Wraps & Rolls’ is the classic Cinnamon Roll. I have previously posted this dish which is an egg version whereas this one is an eggless version. My recent endeavour has been to bake eggless versions of the dishes I usually bake with egg. This one is delightful, so soft and delicious. The best part is that it tastes so good without the glaze. It reduces work not to mention calories.
Adapted from here
Makes 15-16 rolls
WHAT WE NEED
For the dough
3/4 cup warm milk
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup Oil
1 tbsp Butter, melted
2 tsp Instant yeast
1/4 cup Sugar
2 1/4 cups All purpose flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt
For the filling
1/2 cup Brown sugar
1 tbsp Cinnamon powder
3 tbsp Softened butter
WHAT TO DO
- Mix the lemon juice with the warm milk and set aside for 5 minutes
- In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, butter, oil, baking powder, baking soda, yeast and salt
- Add the milk and make a smooth dough
- Set aside for an hour or till it doubles in volume
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling and set aside
- Roll out the dough into a 24*18” rectangle
- Spread the filling on the dough with your hand
- Roll the dough on the longer side into a tight log
- Cut the log into 15-16 pieces
- Grease a baking tray or line it with parchment
- Place the rolls on the baking tray few inches apart so that the dough has space to increase in volume
- Set aside for 40 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 185C
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or till the rolls are golden brown
- Serve warm
This is my post for the Blogging Marathon under the theme, ‘Wraps & Rolls’.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM
yummm….. i can smell the cinnamon here! love the smell of baking! these rolls look soft n scrumptious. most people now are slowly choosing eggless recipes these days! well done sowmya!
Cinnamon and brown sugar is my favorite combination. The house must have smelt so good! The rolls look very nice!
Wow! Reminded me of Cinnabons !! So delicious!!
Oh this is really so yummy Sowmya..I have made cinnamon rolls a couple of times and kids enjoyed it so much!
I am drooling over the picture,its been almost couple of months since I baked this yummy roll.Both my kids love this.
Awesome Sowmya! Cinnamon rolls look so yummy and drool worthy. It’s a long time since I made cinnamon buns.
My little one loves cinnamon rolls and she can gobble them up in a flash. These look fabulous
I cant stop myself drooling here. Cinnamon rolls are my all time favourite and yours looks just prefect to enjoy with a cup of hot chocolate.
These cinnamon rolls are looking so perfect to munch on. I have to make them now. We all love cinnamon in these rolls.
Wow.. i can feel the aroma of cinnamon… so lovely and perfectly done.
These rolls look delightful Sowmya. Cinnamon rolls are one of my fav.When baking it fills our home with that amazing cinnamon.
Thanks for posting eggless recipe of these rolls, I have been looking for one.