The easiest bake is always a muffin and it makes a favourite snack for kids. My daughter loves these eggless chocolate muffins and it is easy to make whenever she demands them. Honestly, my favourite part about muffins are the ones made with oil instead of butter. I love the moist texture it gives these muffins and that I do not need to soften butter before making the muffins. To give them a festive look I added some chocolate vermicelli and gems. Those can be replaced with nuts or chocochips as per your preference.
What makes these chocolate muffins awesome
The best part of these muffins is that it has oil in the recipe instead of butter. Oil, which makes it a vegan dish, also gives the muffin a moist and soft texture. It also keeps these chocolate muffins moist for a longer time as compared to butter. Since oil is lighter than butter the muffins also turn out lighter when baked with oil.
These muffins also have a touch of coffee in them. The taste and flavour of coffee elevate these chocolate muffins to the next level. The combination of coffee and cocoa is a classic one and makes this a recipe for keeps.
I love the versatility of this dish. I have used part all purposes flour and part whole wheat. But you can use either of these flours entirely. You can add nuts like walnuts or raisins or kiddie favourite tutti frutti and chocochips as per your preference. You can use nut milk of your choice in these chocolate muffins and make them vegan as well.
So do make these amazing chocolate muffins and drop me a line to tell me how much you loved it. For similar eggless recipes you can check out Rose petal jam muffins, Cinnamon rolls and Tutti frutti muffins.
I have adapted this recipe from here
PIN IT FOR LATER
Eggless Chocolate Muffins
- OTG or MIcrowave Oven to bake
- 105 gms All purpose flour / whole wheat flour / combination
- 70 gms Oil, any oil without strong flavour
- 100 gms Sugar
- 120 gms Milk, at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Instant coffee powder
- 15 gms Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp Vinegar, any
- Chocochips, nuts, raisins, gems, per your choice
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Take the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and coffee powder in a bowl and mix well
- In another bowl, add milk, oil and sugar and mix well
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix to ensure no dry flour remains
- Add the vinegar to the batter and let it rest for 5 minutes
- Add the toppings of your choice and give the batter a quick mix
- Pour the batter into the mini muffin tray / muffin liners till it is 3/4 full
- Bake at 180C for 20-25 minutes till the toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!