This is one theme I have been so excited about ever since it was announced. I have been planning to explore the French cuisine forever now and this is just the perfect opportunity. French breads are world famous and even an entire month of baking different French breads wont exhaust the lost but nevertheless, I picked on three popular breads for this month.
The first one is the classic Brioche, which is an enriched bread. Usually eggs are used to enrich the dough but I replaced that with milk and butter which makes a soft and rich bread.
Adapted from here
Makes 9-10 rolls
WHAT WE NEED
470 gms All purpose flour
2 tbsp Vital wheat gluten (optional)
7 gms Instant yeast
300ml Warm milk
30 gms Honey
40 gms Unsalted butter
1 1/2 tsp Salt
WHAT TO DO
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl
- Knead together for 10 minutes to form a soft dough
- Set aside the dough for 60-90 minutes or till the dough doubles in volume
- Take out the dough and divide into 9-10 equal parts
- Roll each one into a ball and set on a greased baking tray
- Cover the tray and set aside for an hour
- Preheat the oven to 210C
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or till the buns turn golden brown
- Cool for 15-20 minutes
This is my post for the Blogging Marathon under the theme, ‘French Cuisine’.