Long long ago I tried and successfully made a tomato egg drop soup. Then I lost the link to the recipe and am looking for it ever since. When I decided on the soup theme for this mega marathon I started looking for that recipe again but I am yet to succeed. But in the bargain I came across this easy and very filling soup which can easily be your entire lunch. It was for me. To top it all, this one is my daughter approved. What more to ask for? So here goes –
Recipe adapted here
WHAT WE NEED
Vegetable stock 2 cups
Soy sauce 1 1/2 tbsp
Paneer 60-70 gms
Spring onion 4-5 stalks
Corn flour 1 tbsp
WHAT TO DO
- Take the vegetable stock in a saucepan and put it on medium high
- Peel and cut the ginger into roundels
- Add them along with the peppercorns, salt and soy sauce into the saucepan
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes
- Cut the paneer into small cubes
- Cut the Spring onion into small pieces and set aside few for garnish
- Remove the ginger and peppercorn with a slotted spoon
- Add the paneer and Spring onion to the saucepan and let it cook for 2-3 minutes
- Take out 1/4 cup of the mixture into a separate bowl and add 2 tsp of corn flour yo it. Mix well till the cornflour is dissolved.
- Add the corn flour mix to the rest of the mixture and mix
- In a seperate bowl, beat the eggs with the remaining one tap of corn flour.
- Pour the egg mix very slowly in a single stream into the saucepan while whisking it continuously
- Let it cook for 1 more minute and turn off the heat
- Enjoy it immediately!
This is my post for the September Mega Marathon under the theme – Soups