I am not a huge fan of clear soups. Therefore the logical conclusion is that the husband is. He does not understand why soups need to be creamy, rich purees as against light soups with lots of flavour and I fail to comprehend why I need such clear soups when water will do the trick. Plus I don’t like straining out all the veggies. I feel super guilty about wasting them. Chalk and cheese!
Since he was travelling most of the month, I indulged myself with all the creamy soups to my liking. He returned and has been cribbing for the past three days about not having clear soup. So today’s soup is for the husband.
Recipe adapted from here.
WHAT WE NEED
Olive oil 1 tbsp
Onion, medium 1
Garlic cloves 2
Carrot, medium 1
Soy sauce 1-2 tsp
Chilly sauce 1/2 tsp
Vegetable stock 3 cups
Salt & Pepper
Button mushroom 1
Spring onion, chopped 2 tsp
WHAT TO DO
- Dice the onion, garlic and carrot
- Heat oil and add the onion and garlic
- Once the onion starts browning, add the carrot and fry for 1-2 minutes
- Add the soy sauce and chilly sauce and mix well
- Add the vegetable stock, salt and pepper and bring to a boil
- Simmer for 12-15 minutes
- Turn off the heat and strain the vegetables
- Thinly slice the mushroom
- Add mushroom slices and spring onion and serve hot