There are few things more comforting that chocolate cake….very few things. This is my third and final recipe from the Top 100 recipes.
I followed the recipe completely. The only change was that I halved the recipe. It turned out so well.
WHAT WE NEED
Unsalted butter 1/3 cup
Granulated Sugar 1/2 cup + 5 tbsp
All purpose flour 1 cup
Baking cocoa 1/4 cup
Baking soda 1/2 tsp (heaped)
Salt 1/2 tsp
Milk 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp
Confectioners sugar to sprinkle
WHAT TO DO
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy
- Add the eggs one by one and beat the mixture till smooth
- Mix the dry ingredients – flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt – together in a seperate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients and milk alternatively in two halves.
- Mix to a smooth batter after each addition.
- Preheat the oven to 175C
- Grease a loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool completely
This is my post for the Blogging Marathon under the theme – Top 100 Dishes.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for other marathoners doing this BM.
Cake looks super moist and prefect to enjoy with some coffee.
Yeah, who wouldn’ love a delicious slice of chocolate cake? :))
I am in for chocolate anytime.Lovely
Chocolate is indeed comfort food😇
That is one moist and delicious looking chocolate cake.
Chocolate cake has come out so well!
Super moist and love the crumb there!