After months of prep, mom is finally here. That means two things – one I get a good break from the kitchen and second we get some lip smacking dishes to eat. This cauliflower paratha is one such. It’s drool worthy. It’s true despite my excessive bias towards mom’s cooking. It is simple but needs to be made with some care and then it turns out absolutely yummy.
Truth be told, mom made most of the parathas. I just did a couple so that I could honestly blog about them.
WHAT WE NEED (for 10 parathas)
250 gms cauliflower
1/2-2/3 cup wheat flour
2 green chillies
WHAT TO DO
- Grate or cut the cauliflower very very finely.
- Leave it covered for 20-25 minutes
- Cut the green chillies and coriander leaves finely
- Add them to the cauliflower and mix well
- Add salt to this mix
- Add dough little by little and mix to form a dough. I did not need any additional water to make the dough. Don’t add too much dough. There should be more cauliflower than the flour in the dough. That is what ensures great taste.
- Leave the dough covered for half an hour
- Divide the dough into 10 equal parts
- Roll out each part of the dough with a roller pin. This is the most critical part of the process. There is a good chance that the dough gets moist and is tough to roll out. So it needs to be done carefully to ensure the dough does not stick or tear.
- Heat a tava and cook the paratha on both sides till golden brown.
- Add some ghee and serve with dal or raita or have it just like that. It’s yummy either ways!
These pics are all of half eaten parathas because the daughter and husband could not wait till I clicked a half decent pic. So forgive!
This is not a very accurate recipe since it needs a couple of tries to get it right. It is one of those dishes that you learn by doing. If you need to ask me anything on this one feel free to write to me in the comments below.
This is my entry for Cooking from Cookbook Challenge hosted by Srivalli.
Enjoy the yummy food while your mom is with you.
That is an interesting way to make gobhi parathas. They look so delicious. Enjoy your time with your mom.
I am sure Mom’s dishes are always delicious..good parathas..