This is another easy and simple salad. Carrots are a salad regular and I usually make it South Indian style. This recipe from the book, Diva Green, had a different flavour combination for the ubiquitous carrot. The mint, sesame seeds, honey and lemon juice make a beautiful team to enhance this simple salad to the next level.
Recipe from Diva Green: a vegetarian cookbook by Ritu Dalmia
WHAT WE NEED
Carrots, medium 4
Sesame seeds 1 tsp
Mint leaves 8-10
Raisins 2 tbsp
Sesame oil 4-5 tsp
Lemon juice 2 tbsp
Honey 1 tsp
Salt & pepper
WHAT TO DO
- Peel and cut the carrots into thin matchsticks
- Cook it in boiling water for 4-5 minutes
- Drain the water and set the carrots aside to cool
- Dry roast the sesame seeds in a pan till golden
- In a bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper
- Pour this dressing over the carrots
- Add the mint leaves, raisins and half of the sesame seeds and mix well
- Garnish with the remaining sesame seeds
This is my entry for the Cooking from Cookbook Challenge hosted by Srivalli.
I love the crunchy taste the sesame lends…this carrot salad looks so good to make right away..
I love this dressing and I used to make it with Radishes. 🙂 A nice pick for this week’s CCC.