To imagine that I did not know butterscotch sauce is this easy to make!! When I picked on the dips and sauces theme for this week’s blogging marathon, I wanted one sweet sauce just for the variety. I was trying to look for some rich chocolate sauce when I chanced upon this recipe for butterscotch. We have spend significant turn since then licking spoons of this sauce.
The nice part is that it is so ridiculously easy to make and it goes with everything. We tried it with vanilla ice cream. Yum. We tried it with apples and bananas. Yumm. I am sensing there is a smoothie recipe hidden somewhere with this sauce. Maybe I will just put the bananas, milk and butterscotch sauce in a blender and let them work out their magic.
Before that, here is the recipe which I faithfully copied from here.
WHAT WE NEED
Unsalted butter 4 tbsp
Thick cream 8 tbsp
Light brown sugar 8 tbsp
Sea salt 1 tsp
Vanilla essence 1 1/2 tsp
WHAT TO DO
- Melt the butter in a small pan
- Add the cream, sugar and salt and whisk till they mixed in
- Cook for around 5 minutes occasionally whisking it.
- Take it off the heat and add the vanilla.
- Whisk and taste (without scalding your tongue, of course)
- Add more salt or vanilla if you feel the need to. ( I did not)
- Enjoy it with fruits or ice cream or on top of a pound cake or from the back of a spoon!
This is my entry for the Blogging Marathon hosted by Srivalli