I have been planning to make burgers from scratch forever now. Finally I achieved this grand ambition last month when we had the Burger theme for the Blogging Marathon. Smart girl that I am, I immediately saved up the burger bun recipe for Bake-a-thon. So here it is.
Recipe from here.
Makes 4 buns
WHAT WE NEED
Lukewarm water 1/4 – 1/2 cup
Butter, room temp 1 tbsp
Egg, small 1
All purpose flour 1 3/4 cup
Sugar 2 tbsp
Salt 3/4 tsp
Instant yeast 1 1/2 tsp
Melted butter 2 tbsp
WHAT TO DO
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl to form a dough
- Set aside in a greased bowl for an hour or till the dough doubles in bulk
- Punch down the dough and divide it into 4 parts
- Roll each part into a round bun and place them on a greased baking tray
- Set aside for an hour or till the buns appear puffy
- Preheat the oven to 190 C
- Brush the buns with half of the melted butter
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes till the top of the buns are golden brown
- Remove from the oven and brush with the balance melted butter
- Cool the buns on a wire rack
- Enjoy with a patty of your choice!
This is part of the Bake-a-thon 2016
Nicely baked burger buns with a spongy texture…
Just prefect and stunning burger buns, beautifully baked.
nicely baked burger buns.
Perfect texture!! beautifully done!
Oh you are very smart no doubt..:)..I love that assembled burger so much, looks sinful yaar!
Your burger buns turned out soooo perfect — soft and fluffy.