Did you know that white sauce is not just flour, butter and milk? I did not know that for so many years. Recently I found a more flavorful recipe from the Venkatesh Bhat show and I had to try it immediately. And I like the name too – Bechamel Sauce!
Makes around 2 Cups
WHAT WE NEED
Unsalted butter 2 tbsp
All purpose flour 2 tbsp
Milk 2 cups
Onion, peeled 1 medium
Bay leaf 1
Nutmeg powder 1/2 tsp
WHAT TO DO
- Poke the cloves in the raw peeled onion at a inch apart from each other in a straight line
- Melt the butter in a pan
- Once the butter is melted, add the flour and whisk till it attains a sandy consistency
- Add the milk and whisk till mixed together.
- Add the onion, bay leaf, salt and nutmeg powder.
- Whisk till the liquid thickens
- Remove the onion and bay leaf from the sauce.
- Remove the pan from heat and use it to make pasta or lasagna or anything else.
- I did use the onion later on to cook. It worked fine.
This is my entry for the Blogging Marathon hosted by Srivalli.