Life is full of wonderful little surprises. One such is this banana honey muffin I made. I needed to have muffins for my continental breakfast spread I made for the Thali theme last month. I was in a tearing hurry because I need to finish cooking and clicking by 10 in the morning else the sun is gone and my pictures look worse than ever. I did not even have any fruit to whip a muffin with and so I searched for a simple vanilla muffin. One thing led to another till I came across this recipe which had honey in it. I have been wanting to bake with honey for a while and so I picked it. Then I remembered I had a couple of small sad looking bananas which my daughter refused to eat and the husband wanted to throw away. But the baker in me would allow no such thing and they also found their way happily into this muffin batter.
To cut a long story short, these are very easily made and turn out soft and delicious. So do try them when you are at the mercy of your sweet tooth. The recipe can easily be doubled. Actually, I have halved all ingredients except for the egg. Here goes –
Adapted from here
Makes 8 mini muffins
WHAT WE NEED
All purpose flour 1 cup
Sugar, white or brown 1/4 cup
Baking powder 1 1/2 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Milk 1/2 cup
Bananas, small overripe 2
Honey 2 tbsp
Oil 2 tbsp
WHAT TO DO
- Mix all the dry ingredients, ie flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl
- Mix all the wet ingredients i.e. oil, egg, honey and milk in another bowl
- Mash the bananas thoroughly and add to the wet ingredients
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients till they are completely mixed
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Line a mini muffin tray with muffin cups or grease the muffin tray well
- Fill the muffin cups to three fourths full
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or till the toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Cool for 5 minutes
- Serve warm
This is part of the Bake-a-thon 2016
Banana makes muffin quite soft and moist. Addition of honey must have done its wonders too…
Very crumbly and perfect to snack on!
How delicious and super soft those muffins looks, fabulous.
Tell me about ripe bananas!! This month I let bananas ripe just to bake. Banana honey muffin looks great.
I usually let one or two to over-ripen, just to bake a banana bread!!! 🙂 Muffins look delicious!!
Moist and fluffy banana muffins. Yummy yumm!!